Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Treading On


The dark landscape, ahead, loom,
warning me of the impending doom.
I pause, unsure, fearing the fall
and tread lightly, in steps small.

The moon, behind rainclouds, hid
casting shadows onto the mid
of the black expanse that lay before,
like the sea in some alien shore

My feet search for a firm ground
my ears strain for the slightest sound,
my eyes try to pierce through the dark,
while I, on this journey, embark.

I move on, oblivious to the time,
through paths filled with dust and grime,
till red shot through the sky’s mien,
like blood from a severed vein.

And soon the sun rose, spilling its charm
on a new day, serene and calm
and I behold the beauty ahead
that was hidden by the night dead.

The stream, like silver, winding along,
sprawling green meadows, wide and long,
green trees and flowers in full bloom
raise my mind from fear and gloom.

I tread on, my face in smiles,
journeying through sunlit miles,
drinking in the beauties blend,
happy, till my journey’s end.

No comments:

Post a Comment